Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has released the company’s first phone with an in-display cut-out in China. This phone, the Honour V20 was announced at an event in Hong Kong. Coincidentally, another phone company, Samsung, released the Galaxy A8s (which also has a circular cut-out like the Honor V20) on the same day.
During the event, the Honor revealed that the Honor V20 would come with exciting features. Such features include a 48MP primary sensor, a high-end chipset and an innovative feature known as Link Turbo.
Huawei Honor View 20: Key Specifications
- 6.4-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2310 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie
- Octa-core 2.6 GHz, Hisilicon Kirin 980
- 8GB RAM and 128 GB built-in storage
- 6/8 GB RAM and 128GB built-in storage or 8GB RAM and 256GB built-in storage.
- 48 MP rear camera and 25MP selfie camera.
- 4000mAh non-removable battery
Huawei Honor View 20: Design and Display
The Honor View 20 has is bar-shaped like most phones in the market today. The phone also has a width of 7.4mm and weighs a modest 180g.
The Honor View 20 has a display of 6.4 inches with a pinhole camera at the top of the screen. The device also has small bezels which give it an all-screen look. Additionally, the IPS screen has a resolution of 1080 x 2310 pixels and a screen to body ratio of 85.7%.
The back panel has a centrally located fingerprint scanner with a horizontal primary camera setup. An LED flash lies beside the camera. This panel has a gradient finish that gives it an attractive look.
The Huawei Honor View 20 comes in various colours such as Sea Blue, Red, Magic Night Black. However, these colours change when viewed from different angles.
Huawei Honor View 20: Camera
As mentioned earlier, the Huawei Honor View 20 has a large primary 48MP snapper using a 1/2-inch Sony IMX586 sensor unveiled earlier this year. The primary sensor also has a ToF (Time of Flight) sensor that allows a better depth of field tracking in real time. This camera also supports Panorama and HDR. Moving to the screen, the circular cut-out features a 25MP front-facing camera for quality selfies.
The primary sensor can record both 2160p and 1080p videos at 30fps while the selfie camera shoots only 1080p videos at the same speed.
Huawei Honor View 20: Hardware and Software
Under the hood, the Honor View 20 boasts of Huawei’s proprietary octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 980 chipset. This chipset can power the phone during day to day use as seen on devices such as the Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro (both phones use the same chipset). A Mali-G76 MP10 GPU will provide the device with high-resolution gaming capabilities.
Concerning storage, the product comes in two variants of 6GB and 8GB RAM with either 128GB or 256GB worth of internal storage.
The Honor View 20 will run on the latest Android 9 Pie based on a version of Huawei’s EMUI called the Magic UI. This interface supports AI functions such as the inclusion of YoYo (an AI assistant). But only the Chinese edition of this phone has the feature for now with the global variant offering the regular EMUI.
Huawei Honor View 20: Battery and Connectivity
This device boasts of a lithium polymer battery with a massive capacity of 4000mAh. This battery will last over a day or two with normal usage. The brand promises fast charging abilities of up to 40w and will also support 22.5W charging also.
Regarding connectivity, the Huawei Honor View 20 has dual slots for Nano SIMS which will support networks including 4G LTE. The device also supports various Wi-Fi standards including Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, and Wi-Fi Hotspot. The device also features a Link Turbo system that allows users to download content at faster speeds via 4G LTE and Wi-Fi. Users will also have other connectivity options such as Micro USB v3.1 and Bluetooth 5.0.
Huawei Honor View 20: Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 9 x 75.4 x 8.1 mm
- Material: Aluminium alloy, glass
- Weight: 180 g
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS, LCD Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.4-inches
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2310 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 980, Octa-core 2.6 GHz
- RAM: 6/8GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 128/256GB
- Card Slot: Yes
- Primary: 48MP with 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, and TOF 3D stereo camera
- Secondary: 25 MP with f/2.0
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WIFI Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Network 2G: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz
- 3G: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- USB: Yes, micro USB 3.1
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Sensor: Proximity, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Scanner
- Capacity: 4000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Poly
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Huawei Honor View 20: Price and Availability
With sales beginning in China as soon as tomorrow, the 6/128GB edition will cost $435 while you can fetch the 8/128GB variant for $510. The third edition which comes as a result of a collaboration with Moschino will cost buyers a sum of $580.
Global sales will begin after an announcement at an event in Paris as early as January 22.
- Huawei Honor 8C Released, First Mobile Phone with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 SoC
- Huawei Nova 4 Launched with in-display Camera and 48MP rear Camera
- Huawei Enjoy 9 Complete Specifications, Features and Price