For those who do not understand what it means to root a phone, rooting simply means giving yourself root access to your phone. Think about having administrator permissions on your PC, that is what rooting brings to your device. Rooting your phone lets you take charge of your phone and you are able to perform tasks like installing a custom ROM, device automation, uninstall built-in apps, backing-up your phone and other interesting things.
The TECNO Camon C9 is a really cool device but you could achieve much more with the phone by having root access. Rooting applications like Kingroot, Framaroot etc. works for other device but rooting the TECNO Camon C9 takes a different procedure as it runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
How to Root TECNO Camon C9
- You need to download SuperSU first here, it’s in ZIP format.
- Copy the downloaded SuperSU zip file to both the Phone’s storage and SD card storage.
- Download the Clockworkmod(CWM) Recovery by Team Hovatek for TECNO Camon C9 here
- Now extract and copy Clockwork recovery.img into same folder as the adb.exe and fastboot.exe
- You must now unlock the bootloader of the Camon C9, follow guide here
- Whilst phone is switched on, connect with USB cord to computer and and boot into Fastboot using the guide above.
Enter the following command and click on ENTER to flash the recovery image into the phone:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- The code above reboots the device and it enters into fastboot when you click on ENTER.
- Boot device into Recovery mode by switching off and the volume up + power button simultaneously. When into Clockworkmod Recovery use the volume button to scroll and the power button to select.
- Scroll down to install zip file and select.
- Select zip from /storage/sdcard1
- Navigate to the location of the copied SuperSU.zip and select.
- Select YES to install SuperSU and wait while the flashing process is complete.
- Return to Home screen using back arrow and Reboot device
*note: If CWM asks to help fix a missing root, select No.
- Confirm Root access by downloading and installing Root Checker app here.
Congratulations! You just owned your TECNO Camon C9.
Disclaimer: HowToTechNaija will not be held liable for any damages incurred during the above process herein. Rooting your device voids the manufacturer’s warranty and you risk bricking your device if all steps are not followed strictly.