Netflix is the biggest subscription based streaming service in the world. The platform is so huge with a lot of shows, documentaries and movies to watch. Because there is a lot to watch, it gets difficult most times deciding on what to settle for and watch at a particular time. When you open a film or series, it gets added to your “Continue Watching” row automatically. In this post, we will guide you how to remove a film or series from Continue Watching row on Netflix.
What is Continue Watching Row on Netflix?
Continue Watching row is a very good menu and initiative by Netflix. This row lets you keep track of what you are watching and yet to complete. Whenever you begin watching a show, documentary or movie on Netflix and you stop without completing it, it gets added to the Continue Watching row automatically.
There are times we just want to see the first few minutes or a show or movie if it’s good enough. We stop watching when we don’t like them. The annoying thing about this is that these movies or series gets added automatically to the Continue Watching row and it becomes clustered. Netflix has now made it easy to de-cluster this row.
How to Remove a Film from Continue Watching Row on Netflix
On Android and iOS
To remove a film from Continue Watching row on Netflix on your Android or iOS, update to the latest version of the app.
- Open the Netflix app on your mobile device and go to the Continue Watching row.
- Tap on the three-dotted icon below the film or series you want to remove.
- Select “Remove From Row” and you will no longer see that film or series you don’t want to watch anymore.
On Laptop and Other Devices
There is a different way to remove a film from Continue Watching row on your laptop and other devices. The only way to do is to hide the particular fil or series from your Viewing Activity. After doing this, you won’t see that film again and Netflix won’t also use it to make recommendations for you.
- Sign-in to Netflix on your web browser.
- Hover with the mouse on your profile icon and click on “Account”.
- Scroll down to “Profile & Parental Controls” and click on “Viewing Activity” under your profile.
- Locate the movie or series you want to remove and click the crossed circle icon in front of it.
- After hiding the movie or series, it can take up to 24hrs for it to be hidden on all other devices you have your Netflix account on.
- How to Disable Autoplay on Netflix
- How to Set a PIN Lock for Your Netflix Profile and Use Parental Controls