This article will guide you on how to register for WAEC GCE 2017/2018 and all you need to know about WAEC GCE 2017 registration session / GCE form 2017/2018. WAEC via its official Twitter handle announced yesterday the commencement of registration online which will start on Friday, April 28th and will end on the 28th of June. Private candidates are to register online.
WAEC GCE 2017 Registration – Mode of Payment
Intending candidates are required to pay a sum N13,950 at accredited agents or branches of the following banks which will be listed below. After payment, candidates will be given a registration PIN and a VCD containing information you need to know.
- List of Banks – Access Bank, Diamond Bank, Eco Bank, Fidelity Bank, Wema Bank First Bank, FCMB, GT Bank, Heritage Bank, Sterling Bank, Skye Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Standard Chartered Bank, Zenith Bank, Union Bank, UBA and Unity Bank.
Please note, you will be charged an extra N500 bank commission. The total money required at the bank is now N14,450.
If by any chance, you couldn’t register within the official registration period you will be tagged a ‘Walk-in-Candidate’. Walk-in-Candidates can still register 24hours before the start of the examinations but they would be required to pay a sum of N25,000. I would advise students to register in time so as to avoid all troubles.
WAEC GCE 2017 Registration – Other things to Know
- After paying the sum of N14,450 in any of the banks above, a PIN will be given to you.
- Visit WAEC GCE website here, choose your section (school or private candidate) and use the PIN given to you at the bank to sign up as a new user.
- During registration, you will be required to do a biometric (fingerprint) verification. It is a must you have all accessories connected with your computer before starting this process.
- Passport background should be white – accepted size is 275 x 314 pixels.
- Fill all bio data information (name, DOB, etc.) correctly. This is very important.
- After completing registration you are required to print out a copy of your photo card/admission notice.
- Keep photo card very safe; it will needed at the examination center. The PIN to check your result is also on the photo card.
Other things to Know about WAEC GCE registration 2017/2018
- Registration fee is not refundable after payment.
- Exam timetable will be available to print on completion of registration.
- Candidates are required to wear only mufti on day of examination. No professional uniform is allowed.
That is all you need to know about WAEC GCE Registration 2017/2018 and how to register for WAEC GCE 2017. Goodluck!