Oppo Reno2 was unveiled back in November at the same time Oppo announced media personality, Toke Makinwa as its brand ambassador. The device features a 6.5” AMOLED display with a Full HD+ resolution.
Other notable specs of this upper mid-range device include a Shark-fin rising front camera, a Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G processor, 8GB RAM/256GB ROM, 4000mAh battery and VOOC Flash Charge 3.0. This uses a new VFC algorithm, significantly shortening the final 10% of charging time by doubling the trickle charging speed.
Let’s unbox this device and give you many reasons why the Oppo Reno2 is a perfect Android smartphone for you.
Oppo Reno2 Unboxing
The OPPO Reno2 comes in a silver-like packaging making it stand out amongst its pairs anyday.
In the box we found:
- OPPO Reno2 device
- VOOC 3.0 Power Adapter and USB Cord
- Smart Guide
- SIM Card Tool
- Phone Case
- Phone guides and user manual
OPPO Reno2 Specs
- Height: 16.0cm/160.0mm
- Width: 7.43cm/74.3mm
- Thickness: 0.95cm / 9.5mm
- Weight: About 189g
- Size: 16.6cm (6.5”)
- Touchscreen: Multi-touch, Capacitive Screen
- Resolution: 2400 by 1080 pixels at 401 ppi
- Colours: 16 million colours
- Screen Ratio: 93.1%
- Contrast: 1400000:1
- Type: AMOLED screen
- Brightness: Typical value 500nit
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; ColorOS 6.1.
The OPPO Reno2 device is loaded with a rear quad-camera consisting of 48MP & 8MP & 13MP & 2MP and a front camera consisting of a 16MP rising shark fin camera.
Camera Features include Rear 6P camera of 48MP, Digital zooming 20X, AI Noise Reduction, OIS+EIS.
The camera modes include Photo, video, professional mode, panorama, portrait, night scene, time-lapse photography, slow motion, etc.
In video mode, the front camera records at 1080P/720P@30fps. The rear cameras support up to 4K@30fps, 1080P @60fps/30fps, 720P@60fps/30fps. The ultra-steady video supports 1080p 60fps and the video dynamic zoom supports 1080P 30fps.
Freedom to switch with Dynamic Video Zoom
- Dynamic Zoom: Offers the power of a 5x hybrid zoom and a digital zoom of up to 20x for your videos. Record sharper videos from further away.
- Reduce wind sound: Reduction of background noise, eliminates background noise from videos by focusing on the sounds that come from the front of the camera and eliminating sounds that come from other directions.
- Sound Focus: Improves the audio quality of your videos by amplifying the sounds that come from the subject of the video as the camera zooms in and out.
Below is a test of the OPPO Reno2’s zoom modes – 1x, 2x and 5x zoom
The OPPO Reno2 comes with an 8GB RAM + 256GB internal storage that is expandable memory up to 256GB with the use of a micro SD card. However, the second slot for the nano-SIM slot is designated for this; so it’s either two SIMs or one SIM and the micro SD card.
The Reno2 comes packed with a 4000 mAh battery VOOC 3.0 20W Fast Charging. This battery which also supports reverse charging (ability to charge another device) also charges quite quickly considering the heavy performance it is built to handle.
Reno2 comes with dual bands 4G LTE support for up to 16 bands: LTE FDD has – 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/18/19/20/26/28/32 while LTE TDD has: Bands 38/39/40/41; Built-in GPS/A-GPS/Beidou/Glonass/GALILEO and GSM bands of 850/900/1800/1900MHz.
Other connectivity features include:
- WCDMA: Bands 1/2/4/5/6/8/19
- LTE FDD: BandsSIM Card Type: Nano-SIM / Nano-USIM
- GPS: Bluetooth: 5.0
- WLAN Function: 2.4/5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- OTG: Supported
- NFC: Supported
Body & Design
OPPO Reno2 features a vertical strip at the rear that contains the quad-camera setup as well as the OPPO branding with a neon detail surrounding it that looks like LED light is shining through.
An unusual yet impressive feature of this quad setup is that all four cameras are immersed within the Gorilla glass cover. This keeps your camera safe from scratches or accidents.
Worthy of note is the in-display fingerprint sensor; this makes unlocking your phone easier as well as painless.
At the bottom of the phone is the 3.5mm earphone jack, speaker grill, the microphone and the USB C port.
There’s also the volume buttons and the power button on the left and right side of the phone respectively.
Reno2 has all the qualities of a dependable and fashionable phone, from the colour and design to the performance and battery capabilities.
The OPPO Reno2 comes in two amazing and unique colours namely Ocean Blue and Luminous Black and is available for sale at N179,000 only. Check out the Oppo store on Jumia.