Have you ever suffered from data loss without data backup? Do you have trouble with backing up and restoring Windows operating system? Do you meet any problem with upgrading the old & smaller hard drive to a new larger one without reinstallations? Don’t worry, AOMEI Backupper Standard can help you solve the above problems securely and easily?
What is AOMEI Backupper Standard
AOMEI Backupper Standard is a a powerful all-in-one data protection and disaster recovery solutions for personal computers and laptops. It’s designed to rescue system failure and data loss. It has the basic features including system backup, file backup, disk backup and partition backup and you can easily restore all the data with the respectively backup files. It’s embedded with Explore and Check Image, Encrypt and Compress, Intelligent Backup & Split Image, Create Bootable Rescue Media and other useful utilities. Its a perfect free backup software to retain your memories.
Main Features of AOMEI Backupper Standard
- Backup: From the screenshot of the interface, you can find five main backup tabs in the backup column. System backup supports to create a backup image of system partition to back up your Windows operating system. Disk backup lets you to make a hard drive image file to keep the entire hard disk safe. Partition backup could backup partitions including the dynamic volume to an image file. Since the data in the hard drive is more important than the operating system in the current, you can backup files to another hard drive, including the working documents, family photos, important videos, favorite games and other programs.You can still choose to backup files in batch on networks or NAS. Like the system backup, all the image files can be restored to the original state you created the backup with the Restore features.
- Clone: There are main three cloning features, they are disk clone, partition clone and system clone. If you are using the standard version, you can’t use the system clone feature since it’s a paid function. If you would like to do a operating system transfer, hard drive upgrade or migrate OS to SSD, disk clone is the best choice to you. With just few clicks, you can move all the data on the hard drive to another one without reinstall Windows. AOMEI Backupper contains the advanced setting, sector by sector clone, which allows you to clone all the sectors from the source disk to the destination disk. Comparing with disk clone, partition clone let you to clone a single volume to another one. The benefit of the cloning feature is that you can use the data and operating system directly without restoration.
- Utilities: Besides the main features, there are several tools that are built-in AOMEI Backupper. Check Image feature supports to check the integrity of your backup image file, and it ensures you can finish the restoration completely. Creating a bootable media could make a bootable media based on WindowsPE or Linux kernel, which realized you to backup and restore by the free program. The function of Explore Image can mount the image files as a virtual volume, which allows you to access the specific contents in Windows Explorer.
How to Clone a Hard Drive to a Smaller SSD
AOMEI Backupper Standard is very easy to use with intuitive user interface. Here we will express a simple guide to how to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD with AOMEI Backupper Standard.
- Download the freeware, install it on your Windows computer and launch it;
- Click the Disk Clone option under the Clone tab;
- Select the source disk which you want to clone (here is the larger hard drive disk), and then click the Then you need to choose the destination disk, here we choose the smaller one, and click Next to continue;
- You can please tick the Align partition to optimize for SSD option to achieve the best performance of the SSD. Confirm the setting if there is no problem, and then click Start Clone to finish the whole process.
Supported Windows Operating System, File Systems, and Storage Devices
- It supports Windows 10, Windows 8.1/8, Windows 7, Vista and XP (all editions, 32/64-bit);
- It supports FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, ReFS, Ext2/3, ExFAT. Note that for those unknown file systems including ReFS, ExT2/3, ExFAT file systems, the freeware will image, clone and manage them in sector by sector mode;
- It supports almost all storage devices recognized by Windows, such as IDE, SATA, SCSI, SSD, USB external disks, hardware RAID, Network Attached Storage (NAS) and so on.
User Opinion and Verdict
With the easy steps and friendly user interface, even the novice could hanle it quickly and safely. AOMEI Backupper Standard is an excellent backup program that allows users to arrange their backup and restore based on their unique demands. Since it’s free program, here are some advanced features can be only used in the paid version. If you have a higher demand with backup data, you can try the pc backup software -AOMEI Backupper Professional. It provides more comprehensive protection and exclusive features comparing with the Standard version.