Following an announcement in August, Redmi has released the Redmi Note 8. Hailed as a successor to the Redmi Note 7, this phone shares and improves on features found on the older variant
For instance, both phones had the same screen size, battery capacity, and software. But when it comes to hardware, it becomes a different story.
Are you curious about this new smartphone from the Xiaomi sub-brand? Well, let’s dig into the spec sheet and see what this device has to offer.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Key Specifications
- 6.3 inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB RAM
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 665, Octa-core 2.0GHz
- 32GB/64GB/128GB built-in storage,
- 108MP + 12MP + 5MP + 20MP + 2MP rear cameras and 32MP selfie camera.
- 5,260mAh non-removable battery
- Latest Xiaomi Phones in Nigeria and Prices
- Infinix Hot S4 vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 – Which Phone is a Better Choice?
- Xiaomi Forays into Nigerian Market, Launches Redmi Note 7
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Design and Display
Since the smartphone resembles its older variant, the Redmi Note 8 sports a 6.3-inch display on its front panel. This screen offers graphics in FHD+ and supports a 19:9 aspect ratio. It also has a teardrop notch that houses the selfie snapper of the smartphone.
The Redmi Note 8 even features Gorilla Glass 5 thus it can withstand scratches and falls. Overall, the screen has suitable features for stunning graphics.
You will also find Gorilla Glass 5 at the back of the smartphone. But here, it holds the rear cameras, flash, and a fingerprint sensor. If you move downwards, you will notice a printed logo at the bottom.
The phone stands as a portable device with a weight of 190g. Paired with its slim profile, you can hold the phone for hours without worrying about achy arms.
You can purchase the Redmi Note 8 in three interesting colour options. This includes Moonlight White, Neptune Blue and Space Black.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Camera
The Note 8 boasts of five cameras – four back cameras and a single selfie shooter.
The front-facing camera consists of a 13MP sensor with an f/2.0 opening. It can shoot 1080p videos at 30fps and also supports HDR and Panorama.
Looking at the back panel, you will find an assembly with four cameras. The primary sensor offers 48MP with an f/1.8 opening while the second camera has an 8MP ultrawide lens with an f/2.2 lens. Finally, the last 2 cameras include a 2MP macro camera for detailed shots and a 2MP depth sensor for enhanced portraits.
The back camera offers HDR and Panorama features. If you want to take pictures in the dark, its LED flash will meet your needs. You can even shoot 1030p videos at 30/60/120fps. For 2160fps, you can use the phone to shoot at 30fps.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Hardware and Software
A Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 mobile processor handles the features on this smartphone. It consists of an octa-core processor that clocks speeds of 2.0GHz. It even has an Adreno 610 GPU for high-intensity gaming.
When it comes to RAM and storage size, the Redmi Note 8 offers multiple options. You might choose a variant that has 3GB/32GB configuration or a 4GB RAM model with 64GB/128GB internal storage.
If these models cannot meet your needs, go for the 6GB RAM model with 64GB/128GB storage space. All variants have MicroSD slots that offer 256GB worth of storage space.
The Redmi Note 8 uses Android 9 Pie and its in-house MIUI 10.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Battery and Connectivity
Charging is done through the USB Type-C which also supports USB OTG.
An embedded 4,000mah battery powers this smartphone. When fully charged, it promises long periods of games, movies, web browsing and calls. If the battery runs down, its 18W fast charging feature ensures quick top-ups.
The phone works with 4G LTE, Bluetooth, and regular WiFi standards. It also has an IR blaster and a 3.5 mm audio jack. For charging and data transfer, you will use its USB Type C port that supports OTG.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Price and Availability
If you want to own any of the variants of this device, prepare to spend between $149.99 – $249.99. You can get the Redmi Note 8 at any offline or online retailer.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Complete Specifications
- Dimension: 158.3 x 75.3 x 8.4 mm
- Material: Glass
- Weight: 190g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.3-inch
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and Performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 (11 nm), Octa-core 2.0GHz
- RAM: 32GB/ 3GB RAM, 64GB /4GB RAM, 64GB/ 6GB RAM, 128GB/ 4GB RAM, 128GB/ 6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: Yes, 256GB
- Card Slot: Not Available
- Primary: 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP rear cameras
- Secondary: 13MP selfie camera with HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 2G: Yes
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 4.2
- USB: Yes, Type C, USB OTG
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (Rear Mounted), accelerometer, gyro and proximity compass.
- Capacity: 4000mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Retail Price: $149.99 – $249.99
- Availability: Available on offline and online retail stores.
This phone looks great. Please where can I get from, specifically in Ogun State.