Recently, Xiaomi launched new devices into the market. These include the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro which stands as an enhanced variant of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (which is also one of the recently introduced smartphones).
So how does the Redmi Note 8 Pro beat its sibling? Well, it comes with a different sized display and battery. It also features a different camera and RAM size. Let’s look at the key specs on the Pro variant and see what it has to offer.
- 6.53-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Android 9.0 Pie, 6GB/8GB of RAM
- Mediatek Helio G90T, Octa-core 2.05GHz
- 64GB/128GB built-in storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP camera and 20MP selfie camera.
- 4,500mAh embedded battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Design and Display
The device shares some features with its cousin, the Redmi Note 8. For instance, Gorilla Glass offers protection to both ends of the phones. But on the Redmi Note 8 Pro, you will find a quad-camera assembly placed at the centre of the glassy black panel. If you look downwards, you should notice an LED flash and a fingerprint scanner.
On the front panel, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 holds another surprise. Here it has a 6.53 inch IPS LCD that promises graphics at 1080p. This size dwarfs the 6.3-inch display of the Note 8.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro weighs 200g and boasts of a 76.4mm thickness. With such figures, you can comfortably use the phone with a single hand, especially for a long period.
Redmi sells this phone in six colours such as Blue, Black, Red, White, Deep Sea Blue and Midnight Blue.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Camera
As mentioned earlier, this device boasts of a quad-camera assembly on its rear panel.
The first snapper includes a 64MP main camera that supports an f/1.9 opening and PDAF for accurate shots.
The second camera has an 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.2 opening. If you look at the last two cameras, you will find dual 2MP cameras – one comes as a macro camera while the other offers professional styled depth effects.
With the quad-camera, you will use an LED flash. You will also enjoy HDR and Panorama with this assembly. It’s even possible to shoot 2160p videos at 30fps, 1080p at 30/60/120fps and 720p at 960fps with this smartphone. To handle shaky shots, the phone features gyro-EIS.
At the front notch, the Redmi Note 8 Pro has a 20MP camera with an f/2.0 opening. It also features HDR and Panorama while having the ability to shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Hardware and Software
Unlike its sibling, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro uses a Media Helio G90T mobile processor. This chipset boasts of an octa-core processor that promises speeds of 2.05 GHz. It also uses a Mali-G76 MC4 GPU.
Looking at the storage and RAM size, the Redmi Note 8 Pro comes as three variants. One has a 6GB/64GB configuration, another comes with 6GB/128GB while the last sports an 8GB RAM with 128GB storage space.
On these models, you can expand the storage space to 256GB via a hybrid SIM slot.
For software, the smartphone has Android 9 Pie with MIUi 10.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro Battery and Connectivity
The device runs on a non-removable 4,500mah battery. When it runs down, its 18W fast charging technology allows it charge faster. On a full charge, the phone should last you through the day. Charging occurs at the Type C USB port at the bottom of the phone.
Other options on this device include Bluetooth; an IR blaster and a 3.5mm audio jack for headphones. The device also supports WiFi standards and 4G LTE.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pr Price and Availability
Many online and offline retailers will sell the phone for at least $230. In Nigeria, the 6GB/64GB goes for N83,000 while the model with the 8GB/128GB model costs N90,000.
Xiaomi Redmi Note Complete Specifications
- Dimension:161.4 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm
- Material: Glass
- Weight: 200g
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.53-inch
- Screen Resolution: 1080 x 2340 pixels
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and Performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, MIUI 10
- Chipset: Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm), Octa-core 2.05GHz
- RAM: 6/8GB
- Internal Storage: Yes, 64/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, 256GB
- Primary: 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP rear cameras with HDR, LED camera and Panorama
- Secondary: 20MP selfie camera with HDR, Panorama, and Flash
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- 2G: Yes
- 3G: Yes
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0
- USB: Yes, Type C, USB OTG
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes, 3.5mm
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (Rear Mounted)
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared: Yes
- Sensor: Fingerprint (Rear Mounted), accelerometer, gyro and proximity compass.
- Capacity: 4500mAh, non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes
- OTG Support: Yes
Price and Availability
- Retail Price: N83,000 – N90,000
- Availability: Available on offline and online retail stores.
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Launched with LCD Screen and Snapdragon 665
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Complete Specs, Features and Price