If you are a GOTV user you’ve probably come across one or two GOTV errors, these errors stop you from viewing your favourite channels even after paying subscriptions. This article will guide you on how to clear error code on GOTV.
These errors normally occur when users forget to renew subscription plans before actual expiration date. Most people prefer to wait till after expiration to renew payment, this is when these errors start showing on their TV screens. Some other errors like E48-32 occur when you change the position of the antenna of the decoder.
How to Clear Error Code on GOTV – E016 Error Message
- Open the message box on your decoder
- Send “RESET IUC NUMBER” to 4688, i.e. RESET 5678012574 to 4688
- This should solve the problem.
- Open your internet browser and visit GOTV page here.
- Click on Easy self service
- Click on Clear Error Code
- Type on your IUC number and select GOTVE16, you may be required to type in a Captcha code for verification.
- Enter Captcha code and click on Clear Error.
- Viola! Error is gone.
How to Clear Error Code on GOTV – E48-32 Error Message
- Check if antenna is properly connected to decoder, if it isn’t, connect properly.
- Tap on the OK button to see signal information
- Go to Menu>Advanced>Installation – click on Auto scan
- If the error is not a general issue from GOTV, channel 48 and 52 will come up for you.
- When the scanning is complete, you see Channel 99. If it doesn’t come up, you will need to rescan to have access to all channels you paid for.